Tuesday, July 30, 2013

So it seems a rather big chapter of my life is coming to a close. Eric and I are getting a divorce. It wasn't that we hated each other or never want to see each other or anything like that, we've just grown too far apart for us to really be happy. Eric is not the same guy that I fell in love with 11 years ago. We understand that and, looking ahead, we decided it would be best if we weren't together anymore. It's bittersweet, really. We will remain friends though and have joint custody of Duder. It's weird that everything is so amicable. We're going to try to keep it as friendly as possible and I hope it stays that way. I will be moving in with my parents for a while after Eric's established with a full-time job, as I don't think it would be fair if I left him high and dry to fend for himself while I take off. When I'm with my parents, I'll be working on paying down debt and perhaps going back to school. We're in the process of separating stuff in the house. So far I have two boxes packed. I still have to get my clothes together, craft stuff, and some other household things. I am going to start moving some of my things over to my parents here in the next few weeks. I'll also be taking our cat, Lou Lou. Both Eric and I will trade off with Nathan, doing every other week and alternating holidays. For his birthday, we're both going to try to get together and celebrate it together. It's going to be a big change, difficult at first, but, in the end, I believe it's going to be for the better. Who knew my 30th year would bring about so many changes.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that Young Cait. Sounds like you guys are doing what is ultimately going to be best for you. Doesn't make it easy though. I will keep all three of you in my thoughts and send good vibes your way. Take care. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it didn't work out for you guys, but at least it's amicable - and I don't mean just "No lawyers involved". Good luck to both of you and the little guy.

    ReplyDelete