Friday, July 26, 2013

So my latest plan, getting overall healthier. It's been almost two weeks now, and I must say, an adjustment in my medication and an almost separation of my marriage really put things in to perspective. I realized that I need to start living healthier, happier, and be more honest, but at the same time, proud of, myself.

I started this beginner 5K program on RunKeeper. It's a neat app that not only tracks running, but walking, hiking, cycling, pretty much anything that you can do distance with, it tracks. It's pretty awesome.

Well, I'm on like, week two day 4 or 3, and I'm having a hell of a time not cardio wise, but with my lower legs. Nice thing about the program, after each workout, you can do a little entry about how it went. Well, here was today...

You know, these stupid shin splints and calf pain are  ultimately going to make this extremely difficult. I can't make it very far without excruciating pain! So, most of my workout today was brisk walking. Which, I suppose I AM getting cardio in and strengthening somewhat, but, I want to be able to at least jog 1.5 miles without feeling like my legs are shattering.
Essentially, it's not going exactly as planned. I was thinking I was going to be progressing a little bit more with jogging since I started. I mean, I guess cardiovascular-wise I'm getting better, but without the ability to actually, well, jog without feeling like my legs are breaking. I'm sure I will get there. I just have to stay persistent, not give up, and see that overall, I am doing better than I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment